Company: Sorenson Engineering
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Sorenson Engineering, a world leader in the manufacturing of interconnect solutions for military and aerospace applications is seeking a mechanical engineer for the Technology Engineering Group. The mechanical engineer filling this open position will work with an intimate, agile team to design and implement comprehensive automation solutions. This position reports directly to the Director of Engineering and will be involved in the following activities:
- Support various manufacturing systems at the design, assembly, testing and integration phases
- Design electromechanical systems for high-speed automation utilizing Autodesk Inventor-- software by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, pneumatics and materials
- Qualify proposed system designs by providing appropriate supporting calculations for tolerance analysis, motion dynamics, heat transfer, fluid flow and by utilizing Finite Element Analysis
- Coordinate with suppliers in specifying the correct hardware, ensuring timely delivery and confirming that all quality requirements are met
- Assemble and test automation systems, including assembly of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical elements of the system
- Program PC-based controllers utilizing IEC 61131-3 structured text with object-oriented constructions for various motion control applications
- Track project deliverables and provide recommendations to the Director of Engineering for ensuring project deadlines
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 1 year of recent experience in design of electromechanical systems
- A skillful understanding of 3D CAD software, preferably Autodesk Inventor; Solidworks or similar software also accepted
- Capable of technical analysis of design requirements and data utilizing engineering theory supported by appropriate mathematical tools in the fields of tolerance analysis, dynamics, thermal analysis, structural analysis, and statistics
- Familiarity of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing methods and how to apply them for the practical manufacturing of high-precision mechanical assemblies
- Understanding of the relationship between mechanics and control systems including motion control systems
- Must be capable of assembling and testing precision mechanics, this includes the ability to lift 50lbs
- Must be capable of working closely with machine elements that create strong magnetic fields
Within safety guidelines, upon occasion there will be exposed to noise, moving mechanical parts, oils/solvents, fumes, and odors that may affect the eyes, ears, nose, throat and/or skin.
Background screenings and pre-employment drug tests will be conducted after an offer of employment:
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, severe/morbid obesity, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. By completing this application, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact the HR Manager.
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, the applicant must be U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
Keywords: Sorenson Engineering, Yucaipa , Project Engineer, Engineering , Yucaipa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!