Company: Sorenson Engineering
Posted on: November 5, 2018
Summary: Responsible for the management of Quality operations within the department. Works closely with Senior Management to provide quality oversight, support, and expertise for department operations and functions. Resolves equipment failures, and production processes within the department. Makes recommendations for equipment, quality improvements, and inventory control methods. Meets production schedules to ensure customer on-time delivery. Define methods and equipment to be used to measure the quality characteristics of products and processes. Make recommendations for improving the quality of products and processes, using data collected from the operations and applying problem-solving techniques. Provide quality oversight, support, and expertise for production operations. Follow through on resolving product defects, nonconformances, and corrective actions. Collaborate with organizational leaders. Responsibilities: Quality Management System Activities
- Supports the goals and Quality Objectives of Sorenson Engineering.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality, inventory, and other operational reports to ensure accuracy, delivery times and schedules. Follows company confidentiality standards.
- Develops, documents, and implements processes and techniques needed for the quality management system (QMS), including processes required for system certifications (i.e., AS9100, Nadcap)
- Conducts internal audits, including creating audit reports, closing audit findings, and ensuring appropriate corrective and preventive actions. Monitoring Product Quality
- Experience with the operation of measuring instruments and equipment for inspection of product (i.e., TESA, OGP, pin gages, drop gages, concentricity gages).
- Understands calibration/verification of measuring instruments.
- Verify conformance of product in accordance with Quality Plans (i.e., using visual inspection techniques, microscopes, micrometers, automated measuring instruments).
- Monitors product and production process to ensure quality objectives are met.
- Develops methods for inspection, testing, and measurement.
- Supports Quality Inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Creates, manages, maintains and updates inspection documentation.
- Interfaces with Engineering and Operations to ensure that approved documentation is transferred to Production. Continuous Improvement Activities
- Investigates quality issues to discover root causes. Carries out root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions. Makes recommendations for quality improvement.
- Reviews quality data reports. Works closely with the MRB Team to evaluate, investigate, and resolve non-conformances.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S and lean methods. Training
- Develops and implements training to build quality awareness.
- Assists in the development of training plans for production, quality and operations employees that affect product quality, scrap reductions, downtime, and productivity. Customers and Suppliers
- In collaboration with Purchasing, manages suppliers' performance, including the timely resolution of supplier non-conformances and corrective actions. Knowledge and Abilities Familiar with AS9100 Quality Requirements. Knowledge of administrative procedures. Manage paper files and electronic records. Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of GD&T, good analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to interpret instructions both written and oral. Able to work in a team with co-workers to resolve work issues. Able to communicate effectively in English. Education and Experience Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Math, Statistics, Physics. Minimum 5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment. Physical Demands Must be able to periodically walk to other areas of the plant, must have good eyesight and hand dexterity, and able to identify and distinguish colors. Work Environment Within safety guidelines, there will be exposure to noise, moving mechanical parts, oils/solvents, fumes, and odors that may affect the eyes, ears, nose, throat and/or skin. ITAR Requirements ---To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, the applicant must be U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident. Background screenings and pre-employment drug tests will be conducted after any offer of employment All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, severe/morbid obesity, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. By completing this application, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact the Director of HR.
Keywords: Sorenson Engineering, Yucaipa , Quality Assurance/Engineering, Engineering , Yucaipa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!