Director of Manufacturing
Company: Sorenson Engineering
Posted on: October 29, 2018
Sorenson Engineering is seeking an experienced Director of Manufacturing. The Director of Manufacturing oversees management in all areas of manufacturing to produce products on schedule ultra-precise Micro Technology Solutions for the most challenging component applications. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering quality product on time to meet customer specifications and expectations.
- Confer with Senior Management and/or staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, or resolve problems.
- Analyze operations to evaluate performance of a company or its staff in meeting objectives or to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, or policy change.
- Negotiate or approve contracts or agreements with suppliers, distributors, federal or state agencies, or other organizational entities.
- Constantly evaluate technology available for the manufacturing process and ensure SEi has a strategy for machine technology into the future. Competencies:
- Performance and Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Stress Management/Composure
- Business Acumen
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Problem Solving/Analysis Knowledge and Abilities: Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, problem solving and coordination of people and resources. Knowledge of administrative procedures. Able to manage paper files and electronic records. Able to interpret instructions both written and oral Able to communicate effectively in English. Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus. Education and Experience: A Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Business Administration or a 4-year technical degree in a related discipline. Minimum of 10 years of experience in manufacturing management, preferably in precision machining or job shop manufacturing position. Physical Demands Must be able to occasionally exert push force up to 20 pounds, must have good eyesight and hand dexterity, and able to identify and distinguish colors Work Environment: Within safety guidelines, upon occasion there will be exposed to noise, moving mechanical parts, oils/solvents, fumes, and odors that may affect the eyes, ears, nose, throat and/or skin. Background screenings and pre-employment drug tests will be conducted after any offer of employment All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, severe/morbid obesity, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. By completing this application, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact the HR Manager. ITAR Requirements: To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, the applicant must be U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
Keywords: Sorenson Engineering, Yucaipa , Director of Manufacturing, Executive , Yucaipa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!