Company: Sorenson Engineering
Posted on: November 5, 2018
Sorenson Engineering is seeking an experienced Financial Controller to direct or coordinate the organization's financial or budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, or increase efficiency. Will collaborate with the executive team to determine more effective ways to handle corporate funding, tax issues, and growth financing. If you have a strong background in corporate financial management and a strong desire to become a part of a dynamic team, you may be the perfect person to fill this position. Responsibilities:
- Direct or coordinate an organization's financial or budget activities
- Responsible for ensuring financial statements are prepared in a timely manner and are prepared in accordance with approved accounting principles.
- Work with our accounting department to streamline vendor payment processes.
- Act as the primary support person for a month, quarter and year-end financial activities
- Reconcile corporate balance sheets and deliver summary reconciliation reports to the executive team
- Collaborate with the payroll group to ensure that all deductions and payroll activities are compliant with payroll laws
- Oversee all activities related to state and federal tax compliance issues Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of tax codes and laws
- Proficiency in accounting software required
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures.
- Able to manage paper files and electronic records, to interpret instructions both written and oral and to communicate effectively in English. Bilingual is a plus. Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field; 5+ years' experience in a managerial accounting position; Ideally, experience in precision machining or job shop manufacturing. Physical Demands Must be able to occasionally exert push force up to 20 pounds, must have good eyesight and hand dexterity, and able to identify and distinguish colors Work Environment: Within safety guidelines, upon occasion there will be exposed to noise, moving mechanical parts, oils/solvents, fumes, and odors that may affect the eyes, ears, nose, throat and/or skin. Background screenings and pre-employment drug tests will be conducted after any offer of employment All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, severe/morbid obesity, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. By completing this application, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact the HR Manager. ITAR Requirements: To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, the applicant must be U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
Keywords: Sorenson Engineering, Yucaipa , Controller/Accounting Manager, Executive , Yucaipa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!