Transportation Mechanic III
Company: McLane - Grocery
Posted on: November 12, 2020
TRANSPORTATION MECHANIC III
4472 Georgia Blvd. San Bernardino, CA 92407
The Mechanic III is an advanced shop mechanic who performs all shop
job duties plus special duties. This includes all routine
preventative maintenance functions and being trained in advanced
skills and technologies. Tech school classes or college-level
equivalent training is preferred for this position. A CDL-A is
preferred for this position.
- Pay rate: minimum of $26.00 per hour.
- Generous benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance
and company-paid life insurance begin your 60th day.
- 401(k) with annual company match begins your 90th day.
- Paid holidays, vacation time, tuition assistance program, and
- Schedule for this position: M-F 3:30pm-12am.
- Perform the functions of a Grade 1 and Grade 2 Mechanic.
- Perform complex mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Perform major repairs on refrigeration units including diesel
engine repairs and overhaul refrigeration component repair and
- Perform major diesel engine repairs, in frame, and diesel
- Diagnose and repair, replace or rebuild: Refrigeration unit
using Thermo King Green Books, Brake systems, Anti-lock systems,
Electrical systems (tractor-trailer and/or refrigeration units),
Cooling systems, Fuel systems, Coupling systems, Differentials,
Tractor/trailer suspensions, Eaton, Spicer-Fuller transmissions,
Weld and fabricate.
- Perform body and frame repairs.
- Must be able to perform the following repairs on the
refrigeration unit without supervision: Preventive maintenance,
Belt replacement, Charging/starting system, troubleshooting, and
- Inspections on reefer, reefer Trailer, and Tractor.
- Pay Starting at $26.00/HR
- Generous Benefits
- Schedule: M-F, 3:30pm-12am
- High school diploma or GED.
- Driver's license.
- 2 to 4 years of job experience making major diesel repairs,
heavy-duty tractor-trailer repairs, and major refrigeration
maintenance and repairs.
- At least 5 years of documented fleet maintenance experience in
tractor-trailer repair OR 1 year of employment with company at the
upper scale of Class II technician.
- Certifications: Current ASE certification in Medium/Heavy Truck
Brakes (Test T4).
- Current ASE certification in Medium/Heavy Truck Suspension and
Steering (Test T5).
- Thermo King Advanced training courses in multi temp units.
- Cummins or Detroit certification in major overhaul and
- Maxx Force 13 Engines.
- Brake systems and components.
- Tractor diagnostics and repairs.
- Handling Freon 608 and 609.
- Spicer-Fuller, Eaton transmissions.
- Spicer-Fuller, Eaton differentials. * Electrical diagnostics
- Front suspension and alignment.
- Welding and fabrication.
Details are subject to change at any time. Please call for current
offers and information.
Keywords: McLane - Grocery, Yucaipa , Transportation Mechanic III, Professions , Yucaipa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!